Teriyaki Salmon with Greens
This recipe is based on this delicious recipe by Australian Healthy Food Guide, which is a great place to find new recipes if you're looking for some inspiration. I changed things up a bit to suit my tastes. I'm loving the quinoa/brown rice combination at the moment, I always love extra veggies, and a simple teriyaki sauce was easily put together with my cupboard staples. Give it a try, or the original, they are both absolutely delicious!
What you need:
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 cup quinoa
2 cups water
2 salmon steaks
1 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
1 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 bunch of broccolini
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
What you do:
1. Measure rice and quinoa into a medium sized pot, rinse thoroughly and drain, then add two cups of water.
2. Place over medium heat and bring to boil. Turn down and simmer with a lid on low for around 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the rice and quinoa are cooked. Remove from heat.
3. Mix the soy, maple and sesame oil in a bowl, and add salmon steaks to marinade.
4. Steam the vegetables in the microwave for two minutes.
5. Heat a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. When hot, place a piece of baking paper in the pan, turn down to med and cook salmon ~4 mins on both sides. Place the salmon on the plates and stir-fry the greens in the marinade for a couple of minutes.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and add to plate, along with rice and quinoa.
If you have a friend or family member who would enjoy this recipe, please share it with them!
Follow me on Instagram, if you're not already doing so, I regularly post easy meal ideas.