Healthy Pasta Bake
Winter calls for warming meals that satisfy, and this pasta bake is just that. This meal is packed with veggies, to provide you with a range of nutrients to help support your immune system during the colder months; is a good source of smart carbs, to provide you with stable energy and fibre; and contains healthy fats, to support heart and brain health. It is also cheap, easy and tasty. Serve with half a plate of salad or veggies for a well balanced meal.
What you need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pack high fibre pasta, you could use pulse pasta if you're looking for something higher in protein and fibre and lower in carbohydrates
1 med brown onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 carrots, grated
1-2 red capsicum, diced
2 tins crushed tomatoes
1 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
1 large tin (425g) tuna of choice, drained
10-15 kalamata olived, sliced
As many jalapeños as you desire
100g grated cheese
What you do:
1. Cook pasta as per packet instructions. Turn oven on to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Heat a large pot on med, add olive oil, onion and garlic. Saute until translucent.
3. Add grated carrot, capsicum, tomatoes and spinach. Cook for 5-10 mins.
4. Add tuna and olives, mix to combine then take off the heat.
5. Add the drained pasta to a large oven-proof dish, add the tuna/veggie mixture. Top with jalapeños then grated cheese.
6. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until crispy. Serve hot with a side salad or microwave veggies. This pasta bake also keeps well in the fridge for a few days so is perfect for leftovers.
The delicious veggie and tuna mixture.
Pasta layered with veggie mixture, then topped with jalapeños and cheese.
If you like this recipe, please share it on to your family and friends, and subscribe to my monthly mailing list to receive similar recipes straight to your inbox!
Follow me on Instagram, if you're not already doing so, I regularly post easy meal ideas.