Quinoa Salad with Jalapeños
I'm on a roll with the pickled jalapeños recently, they're just so good! See my jalapeño hummus here if you don't believe me.
I had a quinoa salad recently at my friend's house, and it was so amazing that I needed to recreate it with my new favourite ingredient.
What you need:
1 cup quinoa
1 tin kidney beans
1 cob of corn, or around 1 cup of frozen corn, defrosted
1 red capsicum
1/2 red onion
2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 lime, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Boil the quinoa, as per instructions on packet, or 2 cups of water per cup of quinoa in a saucepan on high heat until boiling, then turn down the heat and let simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking place the corn (still in its husk) in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Finely dice the red onion, and put into a bowl with cold water.
- Cut the capsicum into small cubes, and add into a medium-large bowl, finely dice the pickled jalapeños and add them to the bowl.
- When the corn is cooked and cooled, remove the husk, and cut the corn kernels off the cob and add them to the bowl.
- When the quinoa is cooked, remove it from the heat and add the extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper, and let sit until cooled.
- Drain the onion and add them to the bowl. Drain the kidney beans, rinse them then add them to the bowl.
- When the quinoa is cooled, add it to the bowl. Mix well and serve in a wrap, with some grilled meat, fish or chicken, or as a snack with corn chips. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please share it on to your family and friends!